Friday, July 2, 2010

Elephants murdered behind my house

Elephants murdered behind my house

As going to office I noticed many people in bush behind my house. On investigating I saw 2 elephants had been killed one was very young about 8 years old and other was about 15.   Both were unrecognizable as the people had already cut up the meat.  My neighbor  had shot them as he said it was in his yard. The shots came from behind my house so it was impossible for him to have shot theses elephants in his yard. I sincerely hope he will be prosecuted. Community acts as if they have never seen meat before. I agree with policy of not allowing people to eat meat as it encourages poaching I don’t know why elephant was not burned but in all fairness there probably was no time to do so.

I left instructions on shooting a bait and how to drag the scent and hang it thereafter to build a blind. I asked a local farmers to assist them tomorrow as he is experienced in these matters and I would go out and dart the lions once they are on the bait.  Wasted afternoon and evening along with fuel etc.  I hope they can manage on their own until I am needed. It is my understanding that these lions have not caused any problems as of yet.

As a follow up. Lions were never captured and they did not cause any problems to local population. I assume they moved on. Its a high possibility that they were poisoned or shot. Neighbor was never persecuted.

                                                       THIS WAS A BABY
                                                 ITS A BIG PARTY NO REMORSE

THIS GUY THREATENED ME THAT I SHOULD PAY HIM MONEY BECAUSE I TOOK HIS PICTURE HES LUCKY HE DID NOT GET A BACKHAND