Thursday, July 15, 2010

Buffalo treated 8 days ago shows up by my house

Buffalo treated 8 days ago shows up by my house

I was Called out by parks a week ago to attend  an old Buffalo bull with a snare on its leg. This old guy must have been in agony as high strength wire was almost down to bone. Fortunately wound was not too old and blood supply was good. In Kasane we live in close contact with wildlife this Buff was only 30 meters away from a major road and eventually he would have got sicker and meaner and would have  ended up hurting an innocent walker by. 

The look of relief on his face after having this terrible injury as he walked away is all the thanks I needed. We will patrol the area for other snares. I wish I could stop this rubbish Update on wounded Buffalo… I received a call this morning of a wounded buffalo. Believe it or not it was just behind my house. As I investigated it’s my buddy that I cut a snare off last week. He had walked over 10 kilometers to be here and he was fit and well his wound was healing and he was putting full weight on his leg. He even ran away as I got closer. I feel this is a good omen as he could have gone in any direction. It’s as if he was thanking me

Sometimes we get it right....

WOUND IS HEALING VERY WELL, HES STILL OUT OF CONDITION, HE CAME TO THANK ME

HE IS PUTTING FULL WEIGHT ON LEG AND EVEN RUNNING