Saturday, May 15, 2010

Buffalo wounded, blood samples taken from Buff and elephant

Buffalo wounded, blood samples taken from Buff and elephant
This wounded Buffalo was at the waterfront for about 3 weeks. It was in a lot of pain and distress but I was not allowed to shoot it as its foot wound was beyond repair. Management had changed and their view was to let nature take its place, I suspect a snare created the damage. My please were unheard, This is a dangerous animal wounded but I could not fight the bureaucracy. 3 weeks went by and I had a report that the buffalo which was now very emaciated had charged and hit a tourist vehicle. The next day I was on boat patrol. As i cam around the corner of the river I saw a bunch of tourist illegally out of their vehicle by the waterfront having a picnic. One individual was quite portly and had decided to walk on his own an out 300 meters from the gathering. As i came closer I looked up the hill and saw the poor wounded buffalo limping from tree to tree in an attempt to get closer and maul the tourist. He doesn't know how lucky he is. Next day parks shot the buffalo








The following buffalo did not want to go down with tranquilizer. I overdosed him 3 times the normal amount and he was still aggressive and trying to get us. Theses are very dangerous and  strong animals









Blood samples are taken for Antrax. TB, Parasites . Foot and Mouth and general profiling